Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...was Marvin holding Ross back?
(09-10-2019, 12:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ross himself said he reacted to criticism or being put on the sideline by getting upset and losing confidence in himself. I don't think Chad, Pacman and/or Burfict ever admitted to responding to criticism that way.  

My take on Ross is less about Marvin and ZT and more about how Dalton approaches him.  Ross was on the field last year, quite a lot actually, and Dalton didn't target him very often.  Dalton seems to be targeting him a lot more so far in 2019 so I trust Dalton to make these decisions more than I'm going to come up with reasons why Marvin would put Ross on the field and not let Dalton throw it to him.

That's why i said what i said in the previous post about him being mentally weak. 

I was commenting on Marv's double standard in 'player accountability', so we're kind of on different pages. 

I'd say the scheme didn't fit Ross, more than anything, last year. He wasn't put in position to make plays. Really, not a lot of receivers were. How many complaints were lodged in gameday threads about a lack of crossing patterns or short throws over the middle to 'backs? WR routes were old school/bland/unimaginitive. There's no great Marv conspiracy re: on the field play. Just that he was quick to bench him for whatever reason--despite what he could have done for the offense--when other clowns were repeatedly ran out there time and again. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...was Marvin holding Ross back? - rfaulk34 - 09-10-2019, 12:31 AM