Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...was Marvin holding Ross back?
(09-10-2019, 12:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I wasn't aware Joe Mixon was the kind of player who had to be allowed by the other team to succeed. In all fairness, I'm intrigued to see how we look against SF.  Mere regression towards the mean would indicate more running plays, obviously. 

He doesn't need to be. It's as simple as 1+1=2. Preseason/bad blocking/no gains...forward to Seattle, stacking the LOS...running game going nowhere. Then, no Mixon in the 2nd half. 

Here's a question...how many times would you have preferred Taylor call runs early in the game before he realized it wasn't going to work? Marv would have called a lot and not been very successful. Belichick adapts to the teams he plays and sometimes (against Pitt especially) he completely ignores the running game and throws the ball all over the place (ok look...forget the Brady part of this). 

I'd rather have Taylor emulate BB and not Marv. 

I think there will be more runs against the 'niners. Home game and whatnot. They will at least be more willing to try harder to run, being at home--i believe. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...was Marvin holding Ross back? - rfaulk34 - 09-10-2019, 12:40 AM