Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...was Marvin holding Ross back?
(09-11-2019, 12:51 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: DingDing

Agreed. I think it was a combo of not giving the kid enough leeway and poor usage. Trying to pigeon hole the guy into a specific role. Not tayloring (pun intended) a game plan around him and his skills. Last year, he fumbles on his first play and gets benched. This year he drops a couple and Taylor doesn't change a thing. It's almost like he made a point to feature Ross and get the kid going to show him things are different.

I mean, this kid just almost equaled his 2019 season yardage total in 1 game, and people don't think how he's been handled by the 2 coaches is a big difference? Can't say I'm surprised though. I figured people would fall back on "Ross improved himself" if he broke out this year. We can't be admitting we were wrong, now can we? Cool

I believe Marvin took out some frustration on Ross that was truly aimed at Tobin. Remember, Marvin and company wanted OJ Howard. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...was Marvin holding Ross back? - Bengal Dude - 09-12-2019, 01:10 AM