Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...was Marvin holding Ross back?
(09-12-2019, 09:39 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Under Marv, I have rarely (if ever) seen a passing route that got separation for his receivers.

Love your avatar...cracked my ass up.   And why has there never been a sequel???

Back on point:  You are dead on in your assessment.  I marveled at how Haley had receivers WIDE OPEN just 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.  They would get 5 more yards before any defender closed, they would make that person miss (in open space, not traffic), get 5 more yards before being tackled.  Piggy gets a high % completion for 15 yards with virtually no risk.  Then, as defenses would try to close in, deep shots opened up.  

New England is still the king of the "rub route".  They disguise it so well that it isn't a penalty, but they are just living in that area where the league allows it and it creates a win for their offense.  Can't blame them.  Again, high %, low risk.  

Dalton, I have argued, has had to hit some of the smallest windows in his career here.  He has to be going ape over this offense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...was Marvin holding Ross back? - SHRacerX - 09-12-2019, 09:51 AM