Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up Next - San Francisco 49ers
(09-12-2019, 01:15 AM)thillan Wrote: Hmm.. I actually think this is tougher than Seattle. We are all excited about how the potential of our offense, and the 49ers are equal there, just didn’t have the best week. They can light you up, and Shanahan is one of the best play callers out there.

They have a much better defense than we have.. I see a 24-13/31-13 win 49ers in this one. And lots of Kittle action.

It's not as tough as At Seattle.  Some of you Bengys just don't get how tough At Seattle is.  They almost never lose in Seattle.  One of the great home field advantages in football.  Teams are almost flying to Alaska to play in one of the loudest crowd snake pits in all sports against what is always a tough defense and a good team. Almost nobody comes out of Seattle with a road win, rarely happens.  

That said, I agree that there is no such thing as an easy win for a last place rebuilding team.  49ers have a good D and they have that TE.  Still, I'm hoping Bengals can come out winning their Home Opener.  

In adding Ross to Fantasy Teams, I noticed Boyd numbers were down.  He started good.  I wonder if Seattle put all the coverage on Boyd that Green often gets, and THAT is what freed up Ross to destroy less coverage on him.  We saw some Eifert catches with Uzomah the main TE.   Also some catches by others.  Bernard helped.  

I liked that the O Line was good enough that Bengals had almost no 3 and outs and almost no O Line penalties.   No running lanes yet, but they did other things right.  They will not be a dominate O Line any time soon.  The hope is they can be good enough.  Dalton played a great game making quick reads and quick passes and THAT helped the O Line greatly.  His 400 yards passing made up for no running game at all.

The Bengals D showed promise last week.  The D was dominating forcing Seattle to have the 3 and outs most of game. The sacks combined with run stops was impressive. Let's not even talk 2018 D, but instead flush the Marvin stuff down the toilet in NEW DEY.

Hoping NEW DEY wins Home Opener and 1st Non Marvin win in decades.  GO BENGALS.   If they play 4 quarters of good hard football like they did in Seattle, they have a chance to win at home in Cincy.   

Oh Yes,  Bengals still owe that San Francisco 49ers franchise for all the big game losses they hung on us in the 1980's. 2 Super Bowls plus some big regular season losses.  Old Fans like me will be fired up the moment we see the pumpkin helmets on the same field with the 49er Gold helmets as in Super Bowls. I know that's not Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Hacksaw Reynolds and Ronnie Lott out there, but it's still the pumpkin heads vs the 49er gold heads. We owe 49ers a loss all these decades later. Those Super Bowl losses hurt. Coach Taylor winning his first Home Game. Much to ROOT FOR....GO BENGALS.

Just like Seattle, Coach Taylor of Rams has scouted 49ers twice a year. That seemed to have him will prepared for Seattle and hopefully prepared again knowing the 49ers pretty good.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - NKURyan - 09-09-2019, 12:34 AM
RE: Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - Synric - 09-15-2019, 12:44 PM
RE: Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - kevin - 09-11-2019, 06:03 PM
RE: Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - pally - 09-13-2019, 06:09 PM
RE: Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - kevin - 09-12-2019, 03:41 AM
RE: Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - pally - 09-14-2019, 09:28 AM