Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Up Next - San Francisco 49ers
(09-14-2019, 08:49 PM)Adamantium Wrote: Yes, the same team that Singletary coached to 6-10, Harbaugh took to 13-3. The talent was there but the leadership was not. Harbaugh brought it all together.

And yes, money was in fact an issue. Perhaps not the issue, but it was a point of contention. Harbs wanted a raise and York refused. This is fact. Look it up. 

As for the personality thing, who gives a shit. When you have a coach like that that takes your mediocre team to three straight NFC Championships and one Super Bowl, you do whatever you have to to make and keep him happy. Rubbing people the wrong way....so what. York stuck with the people who didn't cause a fuss and look what that got them. Back to being a bottom feeder franchise. 

1) and Nolan sucked as a coach as well. No argument that Harbaugh brought it all together.

2) I won't ague that Money was no issue at all, but it was not what caused the problem. Harbaugh still had a year on his contract, so its not like York HAD to do anything RE extension. Harbaugh has a tendancy not to last too long anywhere he goes. He wears out his welcome. Don't be surprised if he leaves Michigan soon as well. Seems 5-6 years is the point where people have enough. Point being, the reason he wasn't getting an extension wasn't because they lost the SB as you suggest. Its because their was a ton of friction in the building. York gets accused of being cheap, but the dude pays for coaches. In fact for awhile there he was paying for three of them. LOL. If it was about money, this team would still have Tomsula or Kelly as HC (and BTW, those were Baalke choices). I don't need to "look it up". LOL. I was there. I lived through watching the team that went to 3 straight NFC Championships implode.

3) I agree with you RE personality. I don't think he ever should have left. They should have found a way to make it work and they should have gotten rid of Baalke. Problem is that Harbaugh was so disrespectful of ownership (and there are several stories on this one) that York was kinda boxed in. York had to separate the GM and the HC. This is why Lynch and Shanahan are on matching 6 year contracts. It was paramount to York that those 2 guys be on the same page after what he went through with Harbaugh/Baalke.

As for bottom feeder, Yes, losing Harbaugh had something to do with that, but so did losing a HUGE chunk of the talent that made them that good in a single off-season. It was uncanny. Never seen anything like it. THREE players retired...in their TWENTIES. Aldon went nuts. Justin Smith Retired.

All of that, and they were only 8-8 in Harbaughs final year to begin with.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - NKURyan - 09-09-2019, 12:34 AM
RE: Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - Synric - 09-15-2019, 12:44 PM
RE: Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - kevin - 09-11-2019, 06:03 PM
RE: Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - pally - 09-13-2019, 06:09 PM
RE: Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - Marvin49 - 09-15-2019, 12:04 PM
RE: Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - kevin - 09-12-2019, 03:41 AM
RE: Up Next - San Francisco 49ers - pally - 09-14-2019, 09:28 AM