Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired
(10-03-2019, 01:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're in Year 28 of our rebuilding plan...

I think Lewis changed the culture and took the team to 5 straight playoffs was a noticeable change that many fans took for granted.  The melt downs during the playoffs and Lewis's penchant to draft red flag plays albeit talented players hurt him.  It fed Mike Brown's half-way house paradigm for troubled athletes.  

I think it was unrealistic for many of us fans to assume Taylor et al. would come in and pick up where Lewis left off and take the team the the playoffs.  Many on this forum were excited that the Front Office replaced many of the coaching staff that were still under contract.  It was a signal that they were fed up and wanted to win.  

Taylor is trying to modernize the franchise after the LAR, Saints, and KC.  He doesn't have the athletes to achieve this regardless of the mantra, "we have the guys in this room to succeed".  

I agree with you that some position coaches like Turner and maybe the secondary coaches should be critically examined.  I am not sure Sweet Lou is the right guy on defense either.  

I also agree that the draft personnel should be expanded to match other teams and I think firing Tobin would be a good place to start.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - psychdoctor - 10-03-2019, 01:48 PM