Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd"
(05-18-2015, 01:35 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I remember the 90's quite well.  I also remember Kenny and Boomer in the Super Bowl.  I would just like to know why we shouldn't "expect" a playoff win by now?  Aren't we the fans? Haven't we been patient enough?  Aren't we ultimately the driving force?

Being a first-round losing playoff team is no better than a team with a winning record, right?  It's not like we get a 5th place ribbon or anything.  Guess I've been watching for so long that I just expected something to happen by now.   Whatever

To me football season is one of my favorite times of the year.  Sunday becomes the most important day of the week.  My life literally revolves around it in a lot of ways because I drive from Indy to Cincy to tailgate and attend some games.  During the week, I'm on the boards and trying to consume any bengals related content I can get my hands on.    

If the Bengals weren't a competitive team, I doubt I would enjoy it as much as I do.  Sure I want the Bengals to win playoff games and a SB, but the first thing I ask for is that they field a competitive team that is still playing meaningful games late into the year and for the last 4 seasons they have done just that.  Law of averages say that if they continue doing that they will eventually get over the hump of winning a playoff game.  In the meantime, I'm going to try to enjoy the ride.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd" - WhoDeyWho - 05-18-2015, 01:57 PM