Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd"
(05-18-2015, 12:59 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I'll become a pessimist the day the Bengals stop making playoff appearances.

I think people are a little too hung up on making the playoffs, there I said it. There is a chance the 2015 team misses the playoffs, and I'm not going to say that automatically makes them worse than the 2011 team that went 2-4 in the division and got a wild card at 9-7. That's the thing, this team has 4 playoff berths, but 3 of them are wild card appearances, and we were the 6th seed twice and the 5th seed once. Yes, that's better than missing the playoffs and yes that's better than being stuck in a time-warp where it is always1998 but it's not like we are powering our way into the post-season and then mysteriously falling flat.

If the Bengals really need 5+ cracks at the playoffs to win a game then they had better stop relying on the wild card and start beating the Steelers and the Browns. I started this on a semi-positive note and I'll end it by saying if the 2015 Bengals have a decent year but lose a wild card to the Texans/Bills/Dolphins/Chiefs/Chargers etc then that doesn't mean it is a step in the wrong direction, per se. We've been pretty fortunate under Marvin's rule because we've made the playoffs every single time we posted a winning season, so let's not act like the world is ending if we miss the playoffs (er, unless it's by a LARGE margin).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd" - Nately120 - 05-18-2015, 03:00 PM