Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd"
(05-18-2015, 09:20 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/05/17/bengals-bill-polian/27479191/

This actually reminds me of a poll I posted back on the old message board, about whether or not it was necessarily relevant that the Bengals haven't won a playoff game in over 20 years.

Polian seems to agree with my opinion that being a consistent playoff contender is the most important step towards getting to and winning a Super Bowl. 

Drafting for depth and building a powerful roster is the most effective way to build a team, IMHO. And with New England and Denver seemingly going through their own troubles with their quarterbacks and rosters our time may come sooner than later.

It is better to be in the playoffs than to not be. No doubt about that. This is so much better than the 90s that the two don't even compare.

But people do compare this team with the one in the 80s and to NE and Baltimore and Pittsburgh, all of whom have gone to SBs and have put on some really good playoff games.

One thing that sticks with people is how poorly this team shows up in the playoffs. Each of the last four years has ended with a bad performance. The games haven't even been close. That sticks with people. If the game was close and there was a chance near the end the perception would be different. But this team has been getting blown out in the second half of each of those games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd" - BengalChris - 05-18-2015, 07:28 PM