Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd"
(05-18-2015, 09:20 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Polian seems to agree with my opinion that being a consistent playoff contender is the most important step towards getting to and winning a Super Bowl. 

[Image: a43aec536d26d8488ebcd107e02ab57907dc2c1a...04ccb9.jpg]

We have not been a contender in any of our playoff games, not by a long shot. The fashion in which we get booted out of the playoffs is more embarrassing than not making them at all. That our fans laud the team for making a 60 minute cameo in the postseason is even more embarrassing than that. I used to make excuses, too. Then I saw what Marvin did against San Diego.

We got to play the weakest team in the playoffs, a warm weather, west coast team that we had already gone on the road and beaten a month prior, at one o' clock in the afternoon at home (where we were previously undefeated) in January. We got torn apart in every aspect of the game.

If you, as a coach, cannot win when the planets align to give you that many advantages, then there's to reason to assume you can do it at all.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd" - Ryuko - 05-19-2015, 12:51 PM