Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd"
(05-19-2015, 12:56 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: You don't lose interest when the team is losing?  I was a fan in the 90s as well, but I can guarantee I'm a lot more engaged and interested in the outcomes when the team is competing for  a spot in the playoffs week in and week out.

Not really. I still watch every game. Instead of focusing on (lack of) team success, I watch to see which young players might be breaking through. There's always reasons for optimism, even in losing seasons. Does that mean I enjoy losing as much as winning? No, but I'm still very interested.

(05-19-2015, 02:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's a great comparison. Look at all the success the Lions have had since firing that coach that could win in the playoffs. It appears they adopted the "we just won't go" mentality,

Their fans must be stoked.

I assume you're talking about Wayne Fontes, as he's the one who won the playoff game. Fontes went 5-11 in his last season. The man who replaced him (Bobby Ross) made the playoffs twice in 3 seasons. So firing Fontes isn't what sent the Lions into a downward spiral. You're giving Fontes way too much credit.

The fall of the Lions had everything to do with the best RB off all-time retiring and Matt Millen taking over as GM.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd" - Shake n Blake - 05-19-2015, 05:59 PM