Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd"
(05-20-2015, 02:02 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This is arguably the greatest response to an idiotic comment in the history of Bengals message forums. Props to you my friend, WELL DONE.

I just find it funny that it was written off since I accidentally read his original statement as 5 games and not 5 years for whatever reason. Whether that makes me unable to count, unable to read, or whatever else the homer crowd wants to claim, I think the rest of the post should give a nice look at how we weren't "supposed" to get blown out even though some people assert that it's not so bad since we weren't "supposed" to win. The point remains the same whether you take out that extra year or not.

Some people want to say that we weren't favored so it's not a big deal.

I say that if you want to talk odds, you better be ready to talk more than a generalized, blanket statement that doesn't even properly portray how being favored actually works. Omitting the point spread and actual margin of victory is just dumb.

Oh well, people will spin things to mislead the less informed more in the future, I just hope nobody falls for the crap without looking at all of the facts first. Bfine is well known for doing exactly what he did in this thread. He makes a broad claim just so he can say that he wasn't technically "wrong", because what he said was definitely the truth. He just ignores how misleading it is because he wants to claim "neutral" on every debate even though he's one of the biggest Marvin apologists on the boards. The Bengals certainly have only lost 1 playoff game in which they weren't favored in the last 5 years, but that only amounts to anything if you refuse to look into what that actually means and what you're trying to imply with that statement. Again, they weren't "supposed" to get blown out according to the odds, so it's absolutely no defense to the Bengals or Marvin to bring up being favored or not. It makes him look a LOT worse if you look at more than a generalized, goofy statement.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd" - djs7685 - 05-20-2015, 08:21 AM