Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd"
(05-20-2015, 12:19 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I do understand that, and Burkhead lining up at WR for even 1 snap is crazy.

I guess I just have the issue with people going on and on about how "no QB in the world could overcome having Burkhead at WR!", when it's honestly a bit misleading. Andy didn't really have to overcome that either seeing as Burkhead barely played. Yes, the fact that he was on the field at all wasn't a great sign, I'll agree with everybody there.

Andy did have WRs on the field for the majority of the game, they just weren't very good ones. Believe it or not, the Bengals won games early in the year with a Sanu/Tate/Sanzenbacher/Gresham receiving corp. Is Sanu/Tate/Hamilton/Hewitt THAT much of a difference? I don't know, but that's one of the reasons this playoff game was a big disappointment to me regardless of the injuries. We still won games with guys like Brandon Tate and Dane Sanzenbacher having to be on the field early in the season, yet we got blown out in the playoffs and everyone is cool with using the injury excuse.

Again though, I DO cut the team some slack because of injuries last year, and I wasn't as disappointed as the Chargers game the year before, but I still think they should have looked even a little more competitive than they did this past year.

Agree, X2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Polian: Questioning Bengals playoff success "absurd" - bengalfan74 - 05-20-2015, 12:23 PM