Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which QB do you think Zac would draft?
(10-09-2019, 10:44 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Me too!  You’re absolutely right but let’s think about this issue analytically.  Are the Bengals truly “missing” on early offensive lineman picks?  Statistically this looks like a binomial distribution to me: This is either poor scouting or poor coaching — and I lean toward the latter and here’s why:

Andre Smith, Kevin Zeitler, Cedric Ogbuehi, Jake Fisher, Billy Price, and Jonah Williams* were all highly graded in college.  We can look at their film and in college all of these men were extremely accomplished.  If the Bengals hadn’t taken them, other teams would have jumped at the chance.  These players came to Cincinnati with impressive resumes and lots of championship level experience but what happened?  While most professional teams “coach up” their players to the next level, the Bengals seem to coach their players down.

*I know we have no pro data on Jonah yet.

Exactly!

It is almost as if the coaching staff doesn't even bother coaching the players or scheme to to work around any weaknesses.

Jim Turner has 25 years of experience and he can't seem to think of a way to scheme to make the OLine play better?  The Steelers did it to us this previous game.  They moved the pocket, the RB moved and the screens they ran were far more effective than the screens we attempted.

Nick Eason has the most talented position group and he can't seem to get results out of them?  Daronte Jones and Robert Livingston have some talented players as well and they almost always look lost, especially the CBs.  We have 3 1st round CBs in Kirkpatrick, Jackson and Dennard (who is often injured), and we still get beat late in games due to them not playing to the talent that they possess.

The HC is the guy that is most scrutinized but I say these guys are the ones that are causing our team to fail.  Some are 1st year Bengals coaches, but the talent they have to work with and their experience as a coach should produce much better results.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which QB do you think Zac would draft? - OswaldsLegacy - 10-09-2019, 12:00 PM