Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020
(10-10-2019, 01:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: Trades

Geno Atkins - Seattle - 1st round pick - Seattle has a legit chance to make the Superbowl this year and they have a pretty stout defensive line.  Atkins would give them the inside pressure they need.

AJ Green - Saints - 1st round pick -  With Drew brees coming back and a possible run still on the horizon this is a perfect landing spot and would net the Bengals their best chance to get a higher 1st round pick.  Buffalo and NE also strong contenders

Dre Kirkpatrick - likely 2nd round pick possible first - Many playoff-caliber teams need another CB and Kirkpatrick could garner us some value.  Likely landing spots would be the 49rs, Bears, Bucs, chiefs, cowboys, and many more.

Jadeveon Clowney - EDGE - 6 years $132,000,000 -  Clowney is about that money and the Bengals need a guy with tread on the tires that can play out his contract.  Would he come to Cincinnati only time will tell, but this would be a move to sell tickets.

Draft Picks
1st round - # 3 , 22, 27, 31
2nd round - #35
3rd round - # 67
4th round - # 99 , 118
5rd- 7th rd - standard

Draft predictions
3rd overall CIN - Andrew Thomas OT Georgia - Projects to be an All-Pro LT and best Offensive lineman in the class, Jonah Williams will kick inside LG with the ability to play LT if Thomas gets hurt.  Not a lot of teams need QB in this class and we can find guys later in the draft if they fall to us.  We Trade a 5th round pick in 2021 to Miami to get Fitzmagic for a year stop gap to develop young QB's.

31st Overall - Jeffery Okudah - CB - OSU - Deep Class of CB's and Okudah is one of the top guys, Could see him being an upgrade to kirkpatrick day one.  Five games into the season he already has 17 tackles, 1 FF, and 3 Interceptions.

67th overall - Jalen Hurts - QB - OKLAHOMA - I finally drafted a QB and this guy has all the potential to be a starter in the NFL which is great value in the 3rd round.  Could possibly trade back into the 2nd round to get him if our scouts love him.  Oklahoma is producing QB's and while he's obviously not the best if he continues to improve he is a guy we can work with.  

Personally, AJ and Geno are not on my trade block unless they specifically ask to leave.  If they want out they have earned that right, but they are  Hall of Fame types and I want them to be career Bengals.  Call me foolish or sentimental, but that's my thought.

Why would anyone give us more than a 3 for Dre?  He's not that good.  

Clowney?  Really?  

I like the first pick.

Okudah will not last that that long.  I've seen some scouts that have him higher than Young.  I think that's wrong, but I really don't see him out of the top 12.

Hard to judge Hurts right now, but I don't see him lasting that long, especially if he continues to play the way he has so far.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020 - Okeana - 10-10-2019, 01:31 PM
RE: A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020 - J24 - 10-10-2019, 03:04 PM
RE: A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020 - Jason_NC - 10-10-2019, 07:41 PM
RE: A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020 - J24 - 10-11-2019, 04:55 PM