Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020
(10-11-2019, 10:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Love the creativity and extensive thought put in to this process.  I am with you 100% with a couple exceptions:  

I don't think Geno brings a first round pick, or anything close to that...maybe a late 2nd rounder if we are lucky.  Not sure I make that move.  But for a DE like Dunlap I would take a 2nd rounder as he will be easier to replace.  I already like what we have in Hubbard and he could become the LDE of the future with Lawson rotating at RDE with the likes of Andrew Brown.

Lastly, I don't like the idea of wasting Jonah Williams as a LG.  He should be our LT of the future, and the Bengals could draft more defensive help while getting a RT in Rd 2 or 3.  I might consider drafting a G prospect in Rd 2 as well if there is one that grades out higher than a RT.  I think Michael Jordan can be a very good LG, but needs another year of strength training and development.  Not having a solid LT next to him has hurt him as well.  

If the Bengals really want to upgrade the team from the inside out, they would consider trading Ross rather than re-signing him after his rookie deal.  I think he has flashed enough that a team like NE might offer their late first rounder.  Or KC.  I don't see anyone offering that for Green.  I know Ross has had his health issues as well, but he is at a different point in his career compared to AJ.  

I am just hoping some parts of this overhaul happen and the team becomes interesting again.  

Shouldn't the Bengals be worrying about who the best 5 on the offensive line are instead of worrying about where Williams plays?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020 - Okeana - 10-10-2019, 01:31 PM
RE: A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020 - J24 - 10-10-2019, 03:04 PM
RE: A Clear Path Forward - 2019-2020 - J24 - 10-11-2019, 04:55 PM