Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Week 6 Injury Report: Holy Crap
(10-11-2019, 03:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He shouldn't. If you've had previous concussions, and then you get a concussion that's put you out of commission for over 50 days, you should call it a career.

I thought Burfict should have walked away after the dirty JuJu hit that ended his season.

At some point continuing just can't be worth it.

You wouldn't think so, but I suppose multi-million dollar deals to play ball vs retirement at 30 and uncertainty could be a tough call for a young man to make.  This would especially be the case if you weren't financially prepared for life after football.  They only have so much time to ply their trade.  

As for Vontaze, he just seems like a guy that was born to play football at 100mph or do nothing.  He lives for the violence of the game that is no longer acceptable.  He'll go out there as long as a team is willing to pay him any amount of money or until they toss him for good.  I worry about him when his career ends.  It's kind of tragic, really.  In many ways, he's the living embodiment of what you want a player to be, just with one fatal flaw that always gets him in the end.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Week 6 Injury Report: Holy Crap - samhain - 10-11-2019, 03:24 PM