Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton..
(10-21-2019, 12:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Saints never won jack shit before Brees. A playoff game here and there is not an accomplishment for most franchises.

They were known as a bad team forever.

They've been a decent team ever since Jim Mora showed up man. Yes, they were horrible until their first winning season, which was in the late 80s. I was a kid then. I often said the Saints and Bucs will never win a Super Bowl before us, yet here we are.  

No need to be a smart ass, but you're wrong. After years of perennial losing, winning a playoff game here and there was a very big deal to Saints fans and that organization, and was the foundation for what they are today. Benson bought the team, hired Jim Finks as GM, who hired Mora as HC, and the turnaround started. I think you're really selling their accomplishment of winning a playoff game with Aaron Brooks (I think it was) at QB pretty short. After decades of losing, that was a pretty big deal. They let Mora go after he couldn't win in the postseason, had the whole Ditka mess, but they eventually found their way.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton.. - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-21-2019, 12:34 AM