Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton..
(10-27-2019, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I understand some people who do nothing but whine about how bad the Bengals are.

But I never understand the people who feel that they have to make it pesonal.

You have no idea how much Dalton hates to lose.  Why do you have to go there?  Why do you have to make Dalton a bad person in your head just because he is struggling at QB? 

To embellish your vicitm status?

To make you feel better about tourself?

Why make up stuff like this?

It's a legitimate argument. Not just for Dalton, for any QB or player for that matter. 

The vast majority of NFL players hate to lose, but human nature clearly confirms that it's in degrees. Anyone that's been in any kind of competition can see how other people react and which ones hate losing more. It really is a thing.

Inb4 you ask me to show proof. There's no graph or stat i can produce to clearly show how one is more than the other, in the way i can show that a 8.4ypa is better than a 8.0ypa. 

A players demeanor, the way they act and the things they say do give insight to how much it bothers them to lose. A guy like Andy Dalton, who is well known to be a good, Christian man and family oriented is no different in that manner than a guy like Kurt Warner. But if you've ever watched either of them play/give interviews, there is a definite difference between the two in how much importance they put in winning a football game. 

One thing that has to be pointed out though; the talent/mental ability from player to player varies as well, so you could just as easily say that the more talented player is also the more accomplished--as well as having a better team around him. I can agree with this sentiment, while also believing that it doesn't negate the former's will to win and how it can be less than the latter's. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton.. - rfaulk34 - 10-27-2019, 01:09 PM