Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton..
Andy Dalton has never been average. He has always been below average. You have to compare the qb's rating with the talent he is surrounded with. If a qb is above the talent he's surrounded with then he's above average, if he's the same he's average, and if he's below that talent then hes below average.

In Dalton's peak years he averaged around 17th in the league in qb rating. That is if you count regular season and playoff games the same, which is nonsense because playoffs are worth 4 times as much as regular season games, but even giving Dalton a huge break and counting them the same he averaged around 17th in qb rating.

Now during those peaks years he had top 10 talent surrounding him; Therefor, he was below average even in his peak years regardless if his qb rating might have given the illusion he was average.

Now an average qb with all that talent, Whitworth , Boling, Zietler, Green ,Smith, Eifert, Sanu, Jones and Bernard would have been a perennial top 10 qb and won a few playoff games. We know that didn't happen with below average Andy.

You can even say that Dalton, in his peak season of 2015, was slightly below average because he had the top talent in the league surrounding him that year and he still finished only 2nd in qb rating.

Now an elite qb like Russel Wilson, who arguably had the worst offensive line I've ever seen for a few seasons early in his career, and no threat even close to Green, was still putting up huge numbers and was consistently in the top 10 in the league in qb ratings.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton.. - wolverine515151 - 10-28-2019, 03:43 PM