Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The running game - what gives ?
(10-23-2019, 09:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001068689/article/frustrating-bengals-struggle-to-get-joe-mixon-going

Cincinnati averages 53.1 rush YPG and allows 189.0 rush YPG this season. The 135.9 rush YPG differential is the worst by any team in a season since the 1950 Baltimore Colts (-140.9).

It's so bad I have to question, is it really just that the Oline is that bad ? I mean I get it our starters are marginal at best. But don't other factors have to be contributing to the awfulness ?

Bad blocking technique ?

Are we tipping our run plays somehow ?

Are we to predictable ?

Do we need a fullback ?

Like Pistons has said we've fielded basically the same Oline as last season a lot of the time. It just seems to me there's more going on here than just how bad the players are.

Too many break downs across the board and a lack of attempts. Taylor has done a woeful job in run pass ratio. Every game i keep saying the same thing out loud to myself. They'll have a good run and i'll say "i wonder if they'll try and run it twice in a row?". More often than not the answer is no. Even if they fail on a run, there's no rule that says you can't attempt another run. 

Play calling has been beyond terrible and to make matters worse, the blocking has been bad to terrible when they actually do try to run, way too often. 

When it seems like your coach panics after a short loss or no gain on 1st or 2nd down, and thinks he has to throw to move the chains--and your quarterback is having a terrible year--it's a recipe for disaster. And that's exactly where the Bengals are. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The running game - what gives ? - J24 - 10-23-2019, 01:17 PM
RE: The running game - what gives ? - rfaulk34 - 10-23-2019, 09:25 PM