Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The running game - what gives ?
(10-23-2019, 09:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001068689/article/frustrating-bengals-struggle-to-get-joe-mixon-going

Cincinnati averages 53.1 rush YPG and allows 189.0 rush YPG this season. The 135.9 rush YPG differential is the worst by any team in a season since the 1950 Baltimore Colts (-140.9).

It's so bad I have to question, is it really just that the Oline is that bad ? I mean I get it our starters are marginal at best. But don't other factors have to be contributing to the awfulness ?

Bad blocking technique ?

Are we tipping our run plays somehow ?

Are we to predictable ?

Do we need a fullback ?

Like Pistons has said we've fielded basically the same Oline as last season a lot of the time. It just seems to me there's more going on here than just how bad the players are.

NO BLOCKING

NO BLOCKING

NO BLOCKING

Mike Brown saying for 30 years, " Why should I pay Guards and Offensive Linemen ". 

What is wrong with the running is also what is wrong with the passing the last 3 years.  THE WORST Offensive Line in the NFL

NO BLOCKING

forget technique, play calling,  Tell Pistons that the O Line from 2018 year AND 2017 before were worst O Lines in NFL also. 

The Players we have on O Line last 3 years, no other NFL team would want.  The worst starting 5 in NFL last 3 years. 

Add in now the WORST TACKLING Defense in NFL last 2 years, and Bengals always in Last Place is NO SURPRISE. NO BLOCKING or TACKLING.

Yet many would ignore the awful Blocking and Tackling and draft another finesse player such as quarterback. This is a team in dire need of good young talent on O Line and on Defense. Many blockers and tacklers need Fired from this team because they are THE WORST players in the NFL. I would hold off on quarterback draft picks and bring in all new blockers and tacklers because these guys on Bengals Stink. Last Place last year and 0-7 so far this year.

BENGALS ARE A LOUSY TEAM and were LOUSY last few years.

NO RUN LANES....NO PASSING LANES....NO BLOCKING.....on Defense, NO TACKLING....SO NO WINS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The running game - what gives ? - J24 - 10-23-2019, 01:17 PM
RE: The running game - what gives ? - kevin - 10-24-2019, 07:02 AM