Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I watched the Buckeyes today and saw a team with more talent than the Bengals
(10-26-2019, 08:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm comparing drafts over 4 years because that's *roughly* how long a player is in college. Redshirt, play 3-4 years, get drafted.

A lot of those players were on the same team together. Justin Fields isn't going to be drafted in 2020 because he's not eligible yet, but he's still on the same team with Chase Young, who will be a Top-3 pick in the 2020 draft. If Justin Fields were allowed by the rules to be drafted in 2020, he'd be drafted. It doesn't make him less talented, it's just how the system works. You have to look at multiple years of drafts in order to judge a team. For the 2019 Buckeyes, you'll have to look at the 2020-2023 NFL Drafts.

If you wanted to cut back the 4 years to just a 3 year span, it really didn't change much. The 2016-2018 drafts were very heavy in Ohio State players. It's not their fault they are forced into unpaid labor for a minimum of 3 years before they're allowed to be drafted in the NFL.

I didn't think how NFL draft eligibility works needed explaining.

That still isn't how this works. You stated that this year's Ohio State team is more talented than the Bengals. I countered by stating only a few players on even the best college football teams are even good enough to make the pros much less be starters. Thus no college team could compete with a pro team. Then you tallied up 4 years worth of players from Ohio State to form your dream team.  You can't form your own fictional current college football team with past players and say they are better than a pro team.  It doesn't work like that no matter how you feel about unpaid labor and NFL draft eligibility. Even when considering the good players that are not draft eligible this year the majority of the team members will never end up on an NFL roster.

I mean are you trying to say that Ohio State currently has at least 22 players, 11 on offense and 11 on defense, good enough to start on an NFL team, even the worst NFL team? If so that would be something rather amazing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I watched the Buckeyes today and saw a team with more talent than the Bengals - George Cantstandya - 10-26-2019, 09:01 PM