Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-02-2019, 05:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: "The don't go to Cincinnati" attitude is one thing I often wonder when the Bengals don't land quality free agents.  I mean let's face it, the Bengals are not exactly known as a team players probably want to go to once they hit free agency.  A large part of it I think has to do with the overall image team management has.  So maybe even if the Bengals wanted quality free agents and tried to acquire them maybe they got a hard nope from the player's agent or the player.

Let's face it, if you were a quality player hitting free agency would your first choice be a team that is widely known to be poorly managed and hasn't won a playoff game in almost 3 decades?  Maybe if you were just playing for money and got an offer far above any others.

^This

I don't think the Front Office of the Bengals even wants to admit that players and especially their agents sway away from them.

So what do we get as fans in return?

"We don't need to go all crazy in FA.  Build through the draft."  While they fill holes with 3rd tier available FAs.

The real truth is it's probably really damn hard for the Bengals to sign anyone of value even if they wanted too.

They will almost always have to overpay if a FAs agent even listens, unless it's a current player wanting to work with them to stay.

This is the team we (try to) route for, and are doomed by ownership.

Damn, I wish they'd either cash in and sell the team or the NFL forces them to relinquish the franchise.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office - BengalsRocker - 11-02-2019, 08:04 PM