Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-02-2019, 08:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: ^This

I don't think the Front Office of the Bengals even wants to admit that players and especially their agents sway away from them.

So what do we get as fans in return?

"We don't need to go all crazy in FA.  Build through the draft."  While they fill holes with 3rd tier available FAs.

The real truth is it's probably really damn hard for the Bengals to sign anyone of value even if they wanted too.

They will almost always have to overpay if a FAs agent even listens, unless it's a current player wanting to work with them to stay.

This is the team we (try to) route for, and are doomed by ownership.

Damn, I wish they'd either cash in and sell the team or the NFL forces them to relinquish the franchise.

I think that Marvin gave the franchise a bit of a professional reputation...where guys would want to come here.

So what would it look like IF free agents viewed a team as toxic and stayed away? Well maybe about 5-6 defensive coordinators would turn us down before one accepted.

There's just been rumors for so long that free agents don't view this franchise as attractive. Heck, I can find articles from early 2000 about how our scouting practices are antiquated. 15+ years later...they're similar.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office - THE PISTONS - 11-02-2019, 08:20 PM