Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-02-2019, 11:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You simply asked what he said that was untrue. He said we did nothing, which was a lie. Now if he had said "we didn't bring in the players I wanted" then you'd have a point, but as it stands you do not. 

I would suggest you look up the definitions of figuritively and literally. After getting a good handle on those then you can work your way into slighty more advanced concepts like "expressions", "sayings", and figures of speech". And after mastering those you delve into the use of sarcasm and humor, and reading basic social cues. I think, after time, you will be able to understand things like a real life human being and not a robot.

Attatched: I've provided a few real life examples as homework:

Scene 1

Bob - What did you do Friday night?
Bill - Nothing.

*Bob does not confront Bill and ask; Did you eat, did you shower, did you use a tv, phone or radio? Then call Bill a liar. Bill meant; nothing of note. Because Bob is a functioning member of society he understand this as figuritively and not literally.

Scene 2

Dave - What's Saquan Barkely doing today.
Rick - Nothing. They've shut him down
Dave - Sees on screen that Barkley has 40 yards on 15 carries and no TDs. 

*Dave does not then remind Rick that 40 yards is not nothing. He understood what Rick, because he's not a weirdo.

Scene 3

Patty - What's going on at work today, dear?
Tim - Nothing we're so slow.

*Patty leaves it at that, because nothing is synomous with we're slow, or we're dead. And not literally slow, or actual dead either. Tim is alive and everything. It's just an expression. Because Patty isn't a nagging shrew and isn't on the spectrum, she doesn't quiz Tim on the accuracy of this statement.

Hope this helps, bud. You'll get there!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office - Wes Mantooth - 11-03-2019, 12:25 AM