Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-03-2019, 12:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Palmer won one (1) playoff game in his fourteen (14) year career.  Arizona built a hella good team around him in 2015, and the best he could manage was one (1) playoff victory, that took overtime to attain.  

But, "Oh, Carson should be a first ballot HOFer"...   LOL

He's absolutely not a HOF caliber player.  I'm not sure why anyone would argue that.  His resume doesn't come close to bearing it out.  

I do believe that when he was at his peak in 05, that he looked like a generational arm talent.  He had all the arm strength you could want and could put the ball wherever he wanted.  At the end of 04 and through 05, he looked like a guy that was going to be on par with Manning and Brady.

I can honestly remember sitting in the stands watching him and wondering how this would get screwed up for us.    

Whether it was injuries or the teams he played on, his ability didn't translate to a great career.  I don't place the blame completely at the feet of this derelict organization, but they get their share.

Either way, nothing he's said about the Bengal brass is incorrect or new.  It's a second rate group of grifters.  Winning may be some priority, but it isn't the first.  It sucks that he quit on the team, but I get why he did, and an I don't harbor ill will.  Maybe he's a douche, maybe he isn't.  I don't know the guy.  I have a hard time being mad at him for what he did, either way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office - samhain - 11-03-2019, 04:00 AM