Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-03-2019, 11:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm noticing a theme here. Carson didn't say we didn't hire top tier guys, he said they did nothing, I clearly showed we did do something including signing at least one future HOFer that he wanted management to sign. I realize you don't like ownership and you're not alone but just stop trying to defend a lie when you've been shown the facts 

It's really hard to tell what the inner-workings are sometimes.

Like in 2014/15 we had a really good roster with weaknesses at C and LB covering TE's. Did the coaching staff go to ownership wanting to address these? Were they turned down? Or did they think we had enough talent to win?

We'll never know.

Same with this offseason. Was Zac Taylor like 'We need to upgrade at LB!'...and then they re-signed Preston Brown anyways and stayed with Vigil. Or did the staff feel like Brown was injured last year, and when healthy would be fine. Did they also think Pratt would be the answer along with a healthy Vigil?

We'll likely never know.

In a sense, I get the offensive line issues. Price is a bust. Jonah got hurt. Glenn got hurt. Free agency was thin at Tackles. A guy like Saffold would have helped dramatically at Guard. So there were some moves they had. Also, taking a Tackle or Guard in the 2nd Round instead of Sample...which would have probably required a trade up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office - THE PISTONS - 11-03-2019, 11:11 AM