Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-03-2019, 06:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: Palmer had one good year in AZ.  In 2015 he had a 104 QBR.  He had a 95 QBR in '14, but only played 6 games due to injury.  The rest of the time he posted QBR's in the 80's.  In fact, if you compare the two, the only seasons Palmer posted a better QBR than Andy were 2011 by .1 and '14, where he only played 6 games as aforementioned.  

After the injuries, Palmer was a middle of the road starter making elite money.  

I'm not really sure how "good" most of those AZ teams were in his time there, but for the most part, i'd have to guess that Dalton had better around him than Carson did. At least, that would be my gut reaction, knowing the Bengals teams, without looking. 

In the season's you stated, not counting '15, Carson wasn't much worse than Dalton and if he played on less talented teams, that says a lot. I will still contend that if Carson had stuck around and the Bengals did everything the same, except draft Dalton (where they could have helped another part of the team with a high #2 pick), Carson would have done more with those teams than Dalton did. 

Maybe not much more, but how many Bengals fans go on about "what ifs" in the year Carson went down with the knee and Andy went down with the thumb? It's always going to be conjecture, but it's not conjecture that Carson was a more talented QB than Dalton is/was. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office - rfaulk34 - 11-03-2019, 06:59 PM