Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-04-2019, 08:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've done 0 to defend the front office other than to expose a lie spewed by a disgruntled former employee. The Carson era is probably why we're not as active as "signing a player here and there" now as we were during his tenure. 

I wasn't talking about you.

I wouldn't say you exposed anything though. The players we typically went after in Carson's era were 2nd rate, and often only brought in to replace players we let go (Odom replacing Justin Smith, Coles replacing Housh, Clements replacing JJo, etc). We were more active then than now, but that's hardly Carson's fault.

Mike didn't trade up in the draft for over 20 years, probably due to what happened with Ki-Jana. We avoid (good) free agents after dumb signings like Antonio Bryant (who was coming off a pretty severe injury). Mike is like a dumb guy who stubs his toe on a table, then swears off tables.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office - Shake n Blake - 11-05-2019, 12:58 AM