Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dayton Flyers Hoops No Longer On TV For Me
(11-05-2019, 07:17 PM)kevin Wrote: I go back to last years of Tom Blackburn as a kid.  Then all of Don Donoher years.  They came on WHIO Channel 7 TV CBS in Dayton Ohio.  My Dad watched them, so did all the family. As a kid, the Royals were never on TV and might as well have been in China. The UD Flyers were on TV.  That was our TV basketball in Dayton, Oakwood, Kettering, Miamisburg, Huber Heights.  I thought the TV coverage became great in early 1980s with color broadcast and a good team of Chapman, Toney,  They went NCAA a lot and went deep to Final 8.   Don Donoher was a great coach per Bobby Knight and John Wooden and he made some deep NCAA runs at National Championship as a Cinderella Team against the Bigger School Powers. The Flyers on TV were good.

Now in 2020 season, The Dayton Flyers are on TV as kind of a Pay Per View deal.   If your cable or satellite offers it, you can pay much extra for channel they show some Dayton games on.  My answer is NO.  I'm not going Pay Per View on the UD Flyers.  

So the days of UD Flyers on TV are OVER.   Really it went down hill when they left WHIO 7 and went to Fox Ohio and now to a weird Pay Per View some companies don't even offer.  The days of Dayton playing Marquette, Xavier and Notre Dame are long gone also.  

The good news is the NBA is on TV just about every night.  My guess is Ohio State is on more than Dayton.  So there is basketball on TV.  I don't like the changes to Dayton in that they became elite Oakwood rich pay per view. They can keep it.  Since they are NOT on TV last few years, I am no longer a Fan, that is as dead as my Dad who watched in 50's and 60's.  I can't be a Fan if they are not on TV for me to watch.  

So changes made by UD athletic department on TV have decided they don't care if I get to watch them or not.  They who are too elite to play local Wright State.  Yet Notre Dame, Marquette, Xavier feel they are too elite now to play Dayton.  Gone also are Louisville, Cincinnati and Miami Ohio every year.  The Dayton schedule is not as good as it was.  However there is more NBA on TV than in 1960's, 1970's, 1980's.  I'm sure Ohio State on a lot.  So who needs the UD Flyers.  So Long Rudy, it was good to know you.  So long Rudy, it was good to know you.

I'm in NBA Fantasy teams for free for first time.  I've been in baseball and football just a couple years now.  I don't know any of the NBA players but I'm not doing bad.  I'm trying to have depth at every position but also try to have players that average 20 Fantasy Points a Game, or close to it.   Be it MLB, NFL or NBA, it's a good way for a guy like me turning 65 to know all the new players of TODAY.  I think already Toronto will miss Towns at Center greatly. I didn't know who he was before I got into this thing.

Do you not have cable? Most of the games as of now are on TV.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dayton Flyers Hoops No Longer On TV For Me - cinci4life - 11-05-2019, 08:28 PM