Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals v Steelers in Lewis era
(11-21-2019, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a repeat, but worth posting for those who have not seen this yet

The level of domination the Steelers had over the Bengals in the Marvin Lewis era defies logic. The Steelers were a better team than the Bengals most of the time, but not by that much.

(winning teams = teams that finished with winning record)

First of all most people don't realize that during the Marvin Era only 5 teams (Phi, Ind, Den, Pitt, NE) had more wins against winning teams than the Bengals 42, but look at the breakdown of the Bengals and Steelers wins.

Bengals had 38 wins against winning teams other than Steelers.
Steelers had 38 wins against winning teams other than Bengals.

Bengals had 4 wins against Steelers when they finished with a winning record.
Steelers had 19 wins against Bengals when they finished with a winning record.

ONE THIRD of all of the Steelers wins against winning teams came against just one team, the Bengals.  They were not that much better than us, but they absolutely owned us.

Yes it does defy all logic ! What did ML win at home vs. them ? 3 games I believe ? Just beyond any description.

What year was it 07 ? when they went like 6-10 or something ? Late in the season they had several out with injuries and still managed to help knock us out of playoffs.

I remember another game maybe four or five years ago, they had like 5 or 6 starters out, I think even Big Jen was out. Everybody thought ok we got em now. They kicked our @ZZ plumb up between our shoulders.

The Steelers are 1,000% in their heads, even to this day. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals v Steelers in Lewis era - bengalfan74 - 11-21-2019, 02:28 PM