Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lapham said AJ looked 'unbelievable' in Pregame Workouts
(12-13-2019, 04:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How long was it before Eifert could play after his ankle sprain? Ten months?

I’m sure you know Green had surgery on his ankle which means it was a grade III ankle sprain meaning at least one ligament was torn completely off the bone. We don’t call ACL ruptures grade III knee sprains, but both types of injuries involve a complete tear of a ligament.

From watching his injury I suspect it was a medial sprain instead of the more common lateral sprain. That indicates a deltoid ligament repair rather than a repair of the anterior talofibular ligament. Deltoid ligament repairs are notorious for taking much longer to heal. Plus we don’t know if there was an associated fracture. If a player tries to come back too soon from a deltoid injury they run the risk of ruining the repair which would require a second surgery and more rehab without a guarantee it could correct the laxity in the ankle which could be career ending.

So while you may suspect Green is malingering there is no way you can definitively state he could pass a physical two months ago or even today.
So do you think 1.) The Bengals straight up lied about his injury, while throwing AJ under the bus with a unrealistic timetable or 2.) They are so inept that they misdiagnosed the injury?

It has to be one or the other. They either knowingly lied, multiple times, about the severity of the injury and it's recovery time, or they completely misdiagnosed it.  Curious to see what some of you choose.

PS Which Eifert ankle injury are you referring to? He's been sidelined so many times I'm honestly not sure.  Surely, you're not referring to when he had the gruesome break, where Krumried his ankle are you? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lapham said AJ looked 'unbelievable' in Pregame Workouts - Wes Mantooth - 12-13-2019, 05:38 PM