Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking a break from Jungle Noise Mock
(12-23-2019, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, I think what Synric is saying is more true than not.  If you watch the entire NFL, you'll see that teams are putting speedy edge defenders on that side of the line, as well now.  The days of hiding your "plodding, mauling run-blocker only" Tackle on the Right, are fast disappearing.

If you don't believe me, have you taken a look at Bobby Hart in action?

But, I do like the spirit of your mock.  Willis is a good pass protector, as well as run blocker, so he should be a great pick.  Not so sure about Bachie, but Jennings might be gone by the 4th, so you may want to reverse those two.

The theory is that they are the same... the fact is the article is wrong.  Tackles aren't just tackles... sure you can play a RT as a LT, but you won't get the same production from someone that has played RT and move them over to LT.  Just look at Smith this year when we had to play him at LT.

The blindside has to be protected a bit more due to the QB normally facing away from that defender.  The QB should see the RTs defender through his peripheral vision and be able to assist the RT in avoiding the rush.  This is why left handed QBs need a reshuffling of the OLine, to protect the new blind side.  Probably a reason or so few lefty QBs in the league.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking a break from Jungle Noise Mock - OswaldsLegacy - 12-23-2019, 08:34 PM