Poll: Who do you take if they were both in the same draft year?
Joe Burrow
Trevor Lawrence
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Joe Burrow vs Trevor Lawrence
(12-30-2019, 12:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think people are enamored with him because he has obvious physical tools, he's undefeated as a starter, and he's Watson's successor.  

However, looking at them side by side, Lawrence still seems like a poor man's DeShaun Watson.  The only thing he does better is protect the football.

Wins are great, but a big thing I look for in a QB is if they are carrying their team.  Burrow is carrying LSU, no doubt.  Lawrence isn't carrying Clemson, though.  He's more of a cog in the machine at this point.

Again, the hype with Trevor from last year was that he was already good and was going to take another step forward and become elite.  That didn't happen.  Burrow has made that jump, and in a hypothetical situation where both are in the same draft, you can't take a guy who might make that jump over one that has.

I repped this when it was posted, but this is a fantastic post by Whatever; at the very least, Lawrence needs one more year of seasoning and maturing, otherwise my thoughts on him being a middling starter may come true.

I can't reiterate enough that last year's Clemson team was ridiculous on defense and even though they were #1 this year again, they will NOT have 4 first rounders and 3 from the dline; the d was (slightly) worse and the team couldn't come through in the clutch, on the biggest stage.

They too will need to mature, seemingly, but on an LSU team stacked with great seniors and Juniors that will declare, they were not able to muster up the balls (courage) and the leadership to win the game.

Next year, I'd say Clemson is the top favourite for the NC, but we'll see (I still loathe them lol).

(01-14-2020, 09:42 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll admit I haven't seen Lawrence play much and you can't really judge a player on one game. But having said that a lot of the flaws in Lawrence's game were on display last night. He folds under pressure, his accuracy suffers when he's moving, and I'm not so sure he's all that great at reading defenses ?

To me Burrow is better and it's not even close. Oh and I too think Lawrence looks like a girl.

Absolutely.

Again, I wish it didn't look all hindsighty, but I wanted to draft Burrow after last year (the Fiesta Bowl was what cemented that for me), as I am an LSU fan and he has been the best QB since Mettenberger (I was perfectly happy drafting him in the 3rd, groom him behind Andy for one season while his contract played out, but obviously that's out the window now lol).

Now that we're essentially forced to take him at 1, I'm over the moon Big Grin

Lawrence missed 8 or 9 straight passes into the 4th quarter and they even showed the stat, that 13 of his incompletions were overthrows; he may have a cannon, but he doesn't have the touch (yet) that Burrow or more-seasoned guys have.

Last year, he could rely on the best defense in the country, but this year, LSU was significantly (by far) better than Alabama on offense, thus his back was up against the wall; he is a sophomore and this was his first big urgency in his career, but if he folds like this (Synric mentioned that he didn't play a good game overall and I agree, but he did much worse in the second half) when the chips are down, that may be an omen for the future.

Not writing him off, but there is some ammunition at this point...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow vs Trevor Lawrence - CJD - 12-29-2019, 10:34 AM
RE: Joe Burrow vs Trevor Lawrence - CJD - 12-29-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: Joe Burrow vs Trevor Lawrence - CJD - 12-30-2019, 12:57 AM
RE: Joe Burrow vs Trevor Lawrence - Jpoore - 01-15-2020, 01:29 PM
RE: Joe Burrow vs Trevor Lawrence - Au165 - 01-15-2020, 01:37 PM
RE: Joe Burrow vs Trevor Lawrence - CJD - 01-15-2020, 02:27 PM
RE: Joe Burrow vs Trevor Lawrence - CJD - 01-15-2020, 03:01 PM
RE: Joe Burrow vs Trevor Lawrence - Synric - 12-29-2019, 11:17 AM