Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-02-2020, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you just look at numbers then you really don't understand how to grade college QBs.

Andrew Luck was the highest rated QB prospect of the last decade and his best season of 3517 passing yards ranks 258th in college history.

I dont just look at the numbers but even if I did the fact remains, its all a guessing game based mostly on opinion until the players are in the NFL playing. Joe Burrow in 2 years has put up great numbers and did some pretty magical stuff this season in the toughest conference in the NCAA. His stats are not even what lured me into him. It was literally watching him play. The way he handles pressure, the way he moves, the way he leads his WRs open, his fire, his demeanor. His stats are only part of the story with Burrow. Also he is from OH and grew up playing in bad weather and knows the fan base and I think that can make a difference.

Also, Joe's JR stats were almost identical to Carson's JR stats. The only real argument is that he wasnt a 4 years starter. Thats all. If thats the case, then maybe his ceiling is even higher. Its entirely possible.

And once again, this thread is about how similar style QBs Dalton and Joe Burrow are. Just the fact that has lead to comparing Burrow with the likes of Palmer, Luck and Wentz says ALOT about what people really think of Burrow whether they admit it or not. Nobody is gonna compare Dalton to any of those guys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - bengaloo - 01-02-2020, 08:04 PM