Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-02-2020, 07:35 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Carson Palmer Senior Stats 3942 yards  33TD's  10INTs
Joe Burrow Senior Stats      5208 Yards  55 TDs  6INTs and Burrow has 1 more game to play.

Burrow did that against harder defenses than you'll find in the Pac12. Wentz numbers cant compare to either of those 2 guys so its not worth listing. I dont see how any one of those is more elite than the other coming out of college.

I'm with you. He can make all the throws, no doubt Burrow/Lamar rivalry will be this next generations Brady/Manning as far as I'm concerned. 

I just don't think he's a prospect like Palmer/Wentz/Cam/Luck that went first overall (or top two, I can't remember if it was Wentz or Goff now come to think of it). Those players had the physical traits scouts love. 5 star recruits. Physical traits Burrow is perceived to lack. But that doesn't make him less of a prospect. He's just got other things (everything) outside of the perceived physical traits that will make him a successful NFL QB in this league. Like a Dalton. Doesn't mean he'll be a Dalton.

Burrow will be fine though. He's gritty. He had to come up the hard way and compete. Nothing was handed to him on a silver platter. He was nobody's golden boy. A coaches son. Had the best season in college football ever. I'd take it.

Folks ain't going to usher Dalton out of here gracefully. Give the guy a break already. He never quit on us. And may have given a generation the best decade they were going to get until we lucked into the 1st overall pick (and almost blew that). The comparison isn't any insult.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - jj22 - 01-02-2020, 09:39 PM