Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-02-2020, 09:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm with you. He can make all the throws, no doubt Burrow/Lamar rivalry will be this next generations Brady/Manning as far as I'm concerned. 

I just don't think he's a prospect like Palmer/Wentz/Cam/Luck that went first overall (or top two, I can't remember if it was Wentz or Goff now come to think of it). Those players had the physical traits scouts love. 5 star recruits. Physical traits Burrow is perceived to lack. But that doesn't make him less of a prospect. He's just got other things (everything) outside of the perceived physical traits that will make him a successful NFL QB in this league. Like a Dalton. Doesn't mean he'll be a Dalton.

Burrow will be fine though. He's gritty. He had to come up the hard way and compete. Nothing was handed to him on a silver platter. He was nobody's golden boy. A coaches son. Had the best season in college football ever. I'd take it.

Folks ain't going to usher Dalton out of here gracefully. Give the guy a break already. He never quit on us. And may have given a generation the best decade they were going to get until we lucked into the 1st overall pick (and almost blew that). The comparison isn't any insult.

Yeah Luck was no brainer. I dont think anyone doubted how well he would do in the NFL without a doubt. He was the biggest to come out since Manning, and proved to be a "cant miss" pick. Carson, he was the absolute prototypical QB in terms of size, arm strength and brain power. I have no doubt about that. Burrow is a little smaller than Carson and probably cant stand flat footed and throw one as long. I was honestly for Chase Young big time until I watched 4 LSU games and just the way he plays grabbed my attention and he just reminds me of a Steve Young type just taller. Uncanny awareness and a real ability to extend plays and throw very accurate passes on the move. I love that about him. Love his demeanor too. He just seems like a leader who knows when to be more vocal and knows when to lead by example. Just strikes me as a really cool cat.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - bengaloo - 01-02-2020, 10:27 PM