Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-03-2020, 04:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's fair to have concerns about how Burrow will do in the NFL, as it is with any prospect. I mean, there's no way of knowing until we actually see him play. But, we do know how Andy has translated in 9 years. He's been a decent starting QB, but never quite good enough to ascend to the next level. I've always been an Andy supporter but the reality is that he's only has a passer rating of 90 or more twice in his entire career,. Also, if we're going to give him a fair amount of credit for the 50-26-1 record he compiled during his first 5 years (which I do) ...then we also have to place a fair share of the blame for his 20-35-1 record over the past 4 years. 

At this point, I just think it's time to move on and try to improve with someone else at that position...the most important position, IMO. There's no doubt that Andy has been criticized far too harshly at times, but it's also true that he has earned honest criticism on many occasions based on his own performance, especially the inconsistency that has always plagued him. Like I said, I've always rooted for Andy, but after 9 years, I'm rooting for someone different to lead us into the future. Hopefully, Burrow can be that guy.

IMO, use the draft to help fix the issues with the team. QB, OL, LB, etc... there are more holes to fill than the team has draft picks. They need not only FA to fill those holes but additional draft picks and the best way to get additional picks is to trade back in the 1st round; you may lose the Burrow but if it helps the team out you do it. 

Also, any other draft Hebert would be the top QB selected but with Burrow there he becomes the 2nd best QB prospect behind Burrow. Both are good but if you can help improve the team further by acquiring additional talent you do it. 

The only issue I have with all draft picks is you don't know who will pan out, so picking Burrow or trading back in the 1st round and going after maybe Hebert and acquiring another pick is also a risk as the additional pick and maybe Hebert won't pan out. 

Whatever happens I'm still a fan of this team and I'll support whoever is the QB next year, well I won't support Finley, that will be a line I draw and if he is the QB next year, GO PATS and I really hate the PATS. LOL... 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - MEBengalsFan - 01-03-2020, 05:03 PM