Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-03-2020, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You never saw it last year either.  No one did.

If I am wrong then post some preseason publication that predicted Burrow would be this good this year.

Admittedly I did not watch every LSU game last year.  I just remember that he struggled in the big ones he lost against Florida and Alabama.  

So, it seems we're focusing on 2 very different things brother. You seem to be hung up on purely surface stuff like ranking and projections. I'm more focused on what you see when you actually watch full games of Burrow last year...which include great plays, mistakes and everything in between. I didn't follow Burrow's play last year, so I went back and watched about 6-7 games to see if this year was a fluke or 'one hit wonder' as some have claimed, or whether you can see indications that the talent and potential was there, and just exploded in the right circumstances...better offensive system, players around him performing at a higher level, continued growth and development on his part, etc. It didn't take long before I came away thinking the latter. If I hadn't saw that, I would probably have more concern.

As far as where publications had him, I don't know what the actual importance of that is. We've seen other players not be highly ranked or projected the year before they become 1st round picks. We've also seen players be highly ranked for quite awhile and not end up living up to it. I don't know how that proves anything one way or another.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - Bengalholic - 01-03-2020, 05:20 PM