Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-02-2020, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you just look at numbers then you really don't understand how to grade college QBs.

Andrew Luck was the highest rated QB prospect of the last decade and his best season of 3517 passing yards ranks 258th in college history.

Fred often times has some very good points. He comes across as cocksure to me.

I’m a Burrow fan, and his lack of production before this year scares me. Seeing what he does outside the framework of the play is mind blowing this season. His arm strength isn’t elite(but it doesn’t bother me at all). His accuracy short, medium and deep are unbelievable this season. His anticipation is elite. His pocket awareness is elite this season.

His past is a red flag, but the season he put up this year is among the best I’ve ever seen in collage football. He has also faced many big teams and challenges this year...and crushed each one.

Burrow has a Brady-like work ethic and approach which often times goes unnoticed in the fan scouting process. The way Jefferson mentions Joe leading this team really blows me away.

Burrow is a risk, but the reward is something this franchise needs. A team like the Colts, Packers, or Bengals need a QB to make the step to good team. It’s the only position that can transcend bad management. We will need other players as well, especially at LB! Dalton was never the problem, but he was also never the answer.....Burrow might not be, but he can be! That’s worth the risk he comes with to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - Quantum Bengal - 01-04-2020, 06:09 AM