Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-07-2020, 11:40 AM)Synric Wrote: His arm is fine there are enough throws in 2019 to prove it. No matter who the QB is the WRs have to win...He is one of the most accurate passer in CFB history yet you say he consistently underthrown balls? No I think you are calling Back shoulders and high points underthrown but they arent. He is the second best QB in college football throwing into a tight window behind Trevor Lawrence and is the best QB underpressure. He is the best QB in CFB going through his reads he processes them quickly from a clean pocket and underpressure.

Also if you listen to anyone speak about his 2018 season you hear one word over and over. Efficient. Joe Burrow was a solid QB in an under center power run scheme.

I actually agree you dont need a howitzer to be a great NFL qb.  Tua does not have a howitzer either, but his arm strength is more than adequate, where as Burrow is basically near the minimum you would want. When I watch Burrow it looks like a highlight film for his playmakers not Burrow.  He has thrown plenty of dimes this year to get excited about, but there are a ton of throws where im like wow he really got away with one there.  Those throws are completed for huge plays right now and they simply wont be at the NFL level.  I love Burrows pocket presence and the way he can keep plays alive.  He has been amazing at that this year, its just unsustainable.  We see this every year with a QB playing at a much higher level, they all level off.  Burrow is going to level off in a big way all the writing is on the wall.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - mikey6866 - 01-07-2020, 11:58 AM