Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-07-2020, 02:26 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I get what your saying.  He has been great this year.  I dont think anybody is arguing against that.  You choose to ignore his 2018 tape.  I choose to believe his real ability is in between 2018 and 2019 (closer to 2018).  You believe Tua is a bigger risk due to injuries.  I bellieve that Tua's upside outweighs his injuries and he will be an elite player.  The argument is not winninable by posting stats by either one of us.  Only time will tell which one of us got these guys right.  I just am trying to illustrate Joe Burrow has sooo many more warts than you guys want to admit.  I do not believe he will be a franchise type QB.  I see him as having a decent career but not of the level that would be expected of a #1 overall pick.  Were going to take Burrow and believe me I WILL be a Burrow fan because I am a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals.  Thats not to say I wont be massivly disappointed that we didnt take Tua.  Im not going to be posting I told you so's if Burrow sucks.  I will be just as miserable as everybody else.   I would love to come back on here in 3 - 5 years and everybody tell me how stupid I am.  Thats just not the way I see it going.

1.  I spoke about his 2018 weaknesses so how did I ignore it?

2.  omit;  no I am not omitting his weaknesses I am expressing that he overcomes weaknesses by addressing and improving upon them.  Which I find to be a favorable trait

3   They may draft Tua, just because Burrow is the #1 prospect doesn't mean he's our #1 prospect.  Considering our team history with injuries I think it's more likely they will want Burrow and no one has a magic ball so who knows.  TBH be it Burrows or Tua the one thing that worries me the most is offensive line in this draft and Taking advantage of this deep wide receiver class.  CB/LB is going to be hard for us to fix in the draft so I hope they actually make moves in free agency if they want to take advantage of our aging talent on the team.

4.  I am glad you're speaking more reasonably now about the subject and you have some good takes.  Just don't take this so personal.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - Okeana - 01-07-2020, 03:36 PM