Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
To me, I will always remember 2011-2015 with Dalton, as far as his legacy.

2011: Overcame a lockout off-season as a rookie to have one of the better rookie seasons in NFL history up to that point while leading the team to a playoff berth when many thought we'd go 0-16.

2012: 31 total TD's, another playoff berth

2013: Set franchise records for yards and TD's. 35 total TD's.

2014: Numbers weren't great, but when you look at the individual games, he had some big games in key moments with many key players injured, including AJ Green.

2015: Obviously his best season, where he set the franchise record for passer rating at 106.2

He started off 2016 just as hot, with a 100.6 rating in his first 7 starts, but just couldn't keep it going with the team falling apart around him. Just to clarify, since I see so many false accusations flying around: I never saw Dalton as elite. I "defended" him from people who called him garbage. Or people who think he was the primary issue with this team.

Fwiw, it boggles my mind how any knowledgeable fan of this team could blame 1 QB for our failures. We've got a team that's 35-64 (.354) vs the Steelers lifetime, and was 5-14 against the Steelers under Marvin with different QB's, and we're talking like Dalton was the one holding us back? That's lol worthy.

We've been terrible in prime-time since forever. Palmer was terrible in Prime-Time. Palmer's passer rating in PT as a Bengal was worse than Andy's. We haven't won a playoff game in nearly 30 years, with numerous players playing terribly in playoff games (including Kitna, Palmer and McCarron). Yet it was that dang redhead holding us back?

I get wanting an elite QB. I wanted to sign Peyton Manning after Dalton's rookie season. That's how much I "love" Andy. What I don't get is pretending Andy was the primary thing making us lose big games, or games period. Check what franchise you're a fan of. We've made losers out of a laundry list of good/great players (not saying Andy was great).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - Shake n Blake - 01-07-2020, 04:29 PM