Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-07-2020, 07:07 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: You semi adresess his weaknesses and really didnt take on the fact he was one of the worst passers in the sec in 2018.  It wasnt just a decent season and then great season.  It was terrible season and now magical season. Historically we have seen this type of metoric rise over and over again.  A high percentage of people in this category fall somewhere inbetween and rarely are able to sustain the level of play from the 1 great season.

Ive been resonable the whole time.  People are just blinded by their love for burrow that they think by me saying joe isnt great is a personal attack against them.  I dont understand it at all.  I live in pittsburgh and am a bengals fan.  I have pretty thick skin.  Every year the draft rolls around I post more frequently and debate prospects with others.  Most of the time its very clear people have a very strong opinion of player x and they have only seen him play 2 games and its very frustrating.  If im talking about a player ive seen all or most of every game they have ever played.  I mean when somebody is talking about joe burrow having a pretty good 2018 its really hard to value what they are saying.  It just makes it obvious they are a casual fan that really hasnt watched joe, yet they want to tell me how big of an idiot I am.  These are usually the same types that quote something they read from "pff" or some draft site.  I havent really watched him but walter football says hes better so he has to be.

I have went back and looked at Joe Burrow in 2018 and how he evolved from 2018 to his stunning 2019 season. That is what you need to do when you're looking at prospects.

In 2018 Joe Burrow was undercenter in a 12 personnel man/gap scheme that tried to run every down and play defense. He was efficient in this system but like most first year players he locked on to his first read and tried to force balls along with one of the highest drop rates in the SEC.

In the 2019 offseason LSU changed to a shotgun RPO with inside zone. With hard work and study Joe Burrow and his receivers he was able to really open up his skillset. Burrow is now the one of the best QBs reading defenses at the line pre and post snap. The RPO allows him to read the linebackers and either hand it off fake it or even just take it himself without the fake (drop back and pass not run even though some are designed runs). He is the best QB in college football going through his reads. He throws with such anticipation that the windows his is putting balls into is very small and he is doing it at all 3 levels. His vision and pocket awareness are his best traits these allow him to see rushers and receivers which makes him the best QB in college football making off schedule plays.

2018 isn't the issue you and many more are making it out to be because you can see the growth, development, and hard work he has made to become the Heisman Trophy Winner. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - Synric - 01-07-2020, 07:29 PM