Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-07-2020, 07:07 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: You semi adresess his weaknesses and really didnt take on the fact he was one of the worst passers in the sec in 2018.  It wasnt just a decent season and then great season.  It was terrible season and now magical season. Historically we have seen this type of metoric rise over and over again.  A high percentage of people in this category fall somewhere inbetween and rarely are able to sustain the level of play from the 1 great season.

Ive been resonable the whole time.  People are just blinded by their love for burrow that they think by me saying joe isnt great is a personal attack against them.  I dont understand it at all.  I live in pittsburgh and am a bengals fan.  I have pretty thick skin.  Every year the draft rolls around I post more frequently and debate prospects with others.  Most of the time its very clear people have a very strong opinion of player x and they have only seen him play 2 games and its very frustrating.  If im talking about a player ive seen all or most of every game they have ever played.  I mean when somebody is talking about joe burrow having a pretty good 2018 its really hard to value what they are saying.  It just makes it obvious they are a casual fan that really hasnt watched joe, yet they want to tell me how big of an idiot I am.  These are usually the same types that quote something they read from "pff" or some draft site.  I havent really watched him but walter football says hes better so he has to be.
If you are such a good evaluator of talent coming into the NFL why don't you work for a team to make them better. Listen, every one has their own opinions every year at draft time. The people who do this for a living are lucky to be right 50% of the time. You may end up being right but so could someone else. Where were you when they passed on Jackson and Mahomes.  I like to debate about the draft but I don't really know you or think I can change your opinion. Only time will tell who was right until then carry-on. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - Catmandude123 - 01-07-2020, 09:28 PM