Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-07-2020, 06:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Cherry pick much? You want to totally discount this year but tout QBs who couldn't hold his jock strap this year. Why if the QBs you listed as being better than Burrow in 2018 did he out preform every single one of them. In fact he outperformed every single QB in SEC history. But in your eyes he is a sure fire bust?

How many one year wonder in the college level produce at the Pros. He had one exceptional year doesn't mean he will have success. Also having key components such as chemistry with skilled players and having a good OL all helps contribute to having success. Burrow had that as LSU. He will have to form that chemistry with his new teammates and unlike college NFL has rules in place to limit this.

I'm sorry but even great QB would fail behind the OL that the Bengals had this pass year. After taking so many hits as a QB your confidence and ability to step up in the pocket will diminish. 

I rather build the trenches again and improve the OL and DL over improving the QB. If the QB doesn't have the time to make the read than than no matter who is back there won't matter. As for prospects that get drafted, most OL drafted in the first round tend to play at least 5 years and many end up as starters. Some become all pros and others are just ok. IMO, I rather drop back and pick up some additional picks and draft the best OL to go along with Williams if the team cannot pick anyone up in FA. If the Bengals can pick up some solid OL than I would happy with Burrow as a pick, otherwise trade back and go with OL as the 1st round pick. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - MEBengalsFan - 01-08-2020, 11:18 AM