Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-15-2020, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because I am a huge SEC fan and I watched him play a couple of big games in 2018 when he was the 12th rated QB in the 14 team conference.

Burrow actually had a better junior season than the other 5 year QB taken by the Bengals at 1OA, and with much less experience. 

Palmer, who was also drafted after a 2-14 season oddly enough, was deservedly the consensus number one despite very pedestrian numbers prior to his final season at USC. Whatever people may think about him now, he was the right pick at the time and was a pretty damn talented NFL QB. As it turned out, his performance in 2002 was much more indicative of what he would do as a pro than his play/numbers in the years prior.

I think the same applies to Burrow. What he showed this past season, in terms of skills set and talent level in a much more accurate indication of what he'll do in the NFL than his prior season, for a variety of reasons. Not saying he'll put up those types of insane numbers, only that I think he'll perform at relatively high level.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - Bengalholic - 01-15-2020, 05:01 PM