Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow
(01-05-2020, 06:13 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, sure I would. Although I think it's highly unlikely I've never said it was impossible.

Lets look at that Colts team and Luck just for discussion's sake. What allowed them to go from a 2 to an 11 win team?

-They hired a new GM
-They hired a new head coach
-They hired a new OC
-They hired a new DC
-Their defense improved
-Their run game improved
-They added TY Hilton and Dwayne Allen as immediate starters.

Who did Andrew Luck replace? Was he an upgrade? Was the person he replaced as good as Dalton?

-The Colts QB(s) the year prior" Curtis Painter/Dan Orlavsky/Kerry Collins

So yes, Luck was a clear uograde. Those QBs not only are not NFL starters, they were all out if the league in short order.

So add improved QB to that huge list to possible reasons for the turnaround....

Can we turn it around? Maybe? Will we have potential reasons for improvement? I'm sure we will?  Is Burrow a clear upgrade over Dalton from day 1, as Luck was to Painter? I'm not so sure.

Look believe whatever you want. You've made it clear you don't like Andy. You've gone as far as to say he's selfish. I get it. I'm not telling you not jump on the Burrow train and be as excited as we all are.

I just don't think it's that crazy to say that we may not see an upgrade at the position until year 2. Dalton is a decent QB in my mind, and decent is usually a rookie's ceiling.

Agree to disagree...

Funny how you state Luck was a clear upgrade over the QB that did not finish dead last in passer rating of those that qualified, but question if Burrow can be an upgrade for a QB that did finish dead last.

Equally funny you point to all those changes on the coaching staff as to why he won more games. What made the colts think they could be an improvement over what they had in place?

Why did you leave out the part of my response that showed 4 of the last 1OA had a better rating than Andy did last year?

Sure, we can agree to disagree/ 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 04:12 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 04:25 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - CJD - 01-04-2020, 06:04 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 06:52 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - CJD - 01-06-2020, 12:36 AM